Mathematics education is my passion. I believe mathematics is a skill of absolute importance to young people today. I have been a tutor for over five years with experience at all age levels and skill sets. If you are seeking tutoring for grades 8 through 12, first year college or university, you should contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am looking to take on two to five students in Vaughn beginning September 2017.
Presently, I am a candidate for a Bachelor of Education at York University. I hold a Bachelor of Mathematics in Honours Combinatorics and Optimization (C&O), Pure Mathematics Minor, Philosophy Minor, Co-operative Program (With Distinction) from the University of Waterloo.
Many of my co-op experiences have been in tutoring and teaching. Most recently I taught a weekly, evening math enrichment class for the Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing at the University of Waterloo. These Math Circles, aimed at grades 6 through 8, explored a variety of university math topics in an age friendly format. Topics such a algorithms, symmetry, and computer logic are among the lessons that I designed and lesson planned from the scratch.
Math Circles Assistant (Fall 2015)
- Researched and created eight two-hour lessons, fully completed in LaTeX for online posting (October Junior 6 and November Junior 7/8) and independent study.
- Taught 16 two-hour classes of 35-40 students each, relating topics such as algorithms, estimation, formal logic, and knot theory to the grade 6-8 level.
- In addition, I helped in the marking of the Canadian Senior Mathematics Contest and creation of problems for Problem of the Week for the CEMC. I also worked as the event photographer and a supervisor for the Programming Challenge 4 Girls.
Learning Assistant at Sheridan College (Winter 2015)
- Led one-on-one tutoring appointments and large tutorial sessions
- Earned valuable writing and editing experience creating statistical reports
- Developed concept of and designed a "Why love mathematics?" poster for the tutoring centres
- Worked closely with numerous professors, weekly, to instruct tutorials
Math Tutor at Humber College (Spring 2014)
- Operated the Humber Math Centre from open to close
- Analysed attendance rates in a statistical report for Humber
- As self-initiated projects, wrote instructions and designed a poster on solving a Rubik's Cube, and developed worksheets, all using PDF LaTeX
- Created many advertisement materials in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Operations Lead and Tutor at School Tutoring (Spring 2013)
- Designed and implemented lesson planning to tutor seven hours, daily
- Garnered experience in a variety of subjects including SAT/ACT preparation, mathematics and applications, English and ESL, and biology
- Introduced new clientele to School Tutoring's online learning board
- Performed assessment of new students' ability to identify their tutoring program needs
I am an amateur photographer looking to broaden my craft. Although mainly a nature and lifestyle photographer, I offer my eye for small event, portrait, and pet photography. If you are interested in such services please contact me at email@example.com with a description of the event or portrait you are requesting. For example, a common request is for a portrait for social media use. This portrait may be professional-looking (such as for LinkedIn) or personal (such as for Facebook/Twitter).
Please email me with your request for photography work and we can negotiate a price to fit your budget.
Please visit my Flickr Page and Instagram to view my main galleries.
Click here to view my full Portfolio